We are well aware that our activities bring with it both opportunities and responsibilities. Corporate responsibilities are central to our strategic and operational thinking.
We cannot sustain good financial and operational performance without simultaneously adhering to sound policies and program that will sustain the environment and the community within which we carry out our operations.
We believe our transparent approach to doing business is the only way to fully engage our stakeholders in a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship. To this extent we have put in place the following policies to guide our operations. These policies will constantly be reviewed in responses to the development with our environment. The policies can be obtained at the document section of this site.
- Health , Safety and Environment Policy (HSE)486.65 KB
- Mine Waste Management Policy (MWM)429.41 KB
- Energy and Resource Efficiency Policy (ERE)840.10 KB
- Mining Training Plans and Curriculum (MTP&C)697.49 KB
- Whistle Blowing Policy367.79 KB
- Internal Audit Charter Policy606.95 KB
- Communication Policy472.94 KB
- Conflict of Interest Policy488.76 KB
- Securities Trading Policy610.38 KB
- Succession Planning Policy613.61 KB
- Complaint Management Policy488.76 KB
The purpose of the above policies is to achieve the following:
• To consider the health and safety of our employees and adjoining communities in all aspects of our operations
• To initiate and promote ongoing dialogue and engagement with a broad range of stakeholders, maintained in a spirit of transparency and good faith
• To exercise vigilance in protecting the environment and seek ways to minimize our environmental footprint. To strive to always meet regulatory requirements in environmental performance.
• To conduct our activities in accordance with acceptable standards in the protection and promotion of human rights.
• To recognize that every community is unique and respect the cultural and historical perspectives and rights of those that will be affected by our operation.
• To provide a rewarding and meaningful livelihood to our employees and strive to be an employer of choice. To provide suitable training opportunities and resources to employees to assist them in performing their duties.
• To seek to provide employment, business and economic opportunities for local communities from existing operations and new projects
• To provide lasting benefits to the communities where we work by supporting sustainable initiatives that will impact their social, economic and institutional fabric. To this end we hope to work consultatively with the community to ensure that any support given matches their priority.
• To maintain high standards of corporate governance, ethics and honesty in our dealings and operations in compliance with statutory requirements.
• To engage with our industry peers, associations, non-governmental organizations and civil society to contribute to best practice development and track evolving global standards.