We are well aware that our activities bring with it both opportunity and responsibility. Corporate responsibility is central to our strategic and operational thinking.
We can not sustain good financial and operational performance without simultaneously achieving our objectives in health and safety and environmental stewardship , human resource development and community investment. We believe our transparent approach to doing business is the only way to fully engage our stakeholders in a meaningful and mutually beneficial relationship.
For Adudu and Azara mines, we have commissioned an environmental impact analysis study to be carried out, and it is expected that the report will guide our developing corporate commitment and responsibility objectives anchored on our following beliefs:
- To consider the health and safety of our employees and adjoining communities in all aspects of our operations
- To initiate and promote ongoing dialogue and engagement with a broad range of stakeholders, maintained in a spirit of transparency and good faith
- To exercise vigilance in protecting the environment and seek ways to minimize our environmental footprint. To strive to always meet regulatory requirements in environmental performance.
- To conduct our activities in accordance with acceptable standards in the protection and promotion of human rights.
- To recognize that every community is unique and respect the cultural and historical perspectives and rights of those that will be affected by our operation.
- To provide a rewarding and meaningful livelihood to our employees and strive to be an employer of choice. To provide suitable training opportunities and resources to employees to assist them in performing their duties.
- To seek to provide employment, business and economic opportunities for local communities from existing operations and new projects
- To provide lasting benefits to the communities where we work by supporting sustainable initiatives that will impact their social, economic and institutional fabric. To this end we hope to work consultatively with the community to ensure that any support given matches their priority.
- To maintain high standards of corporate governance, ethics and honesty in our dealings and operations in compliance with statutory requirements.
- To engage with our industry peers, associations, non-governmental organizations and civil society to contribute to best practice development and track evolving global standards.